By Maria Adebowale (director, Capacity Global) 15 May 2013. Getting...
By Daniel Pearmain (monitoring, evaluation and learning co-ordinator, ...
By Sarah Thompson, 29 April 2013 Following our spring events that h...
by Sarah Thompson, 29 April 2013 Local Trust recently held the seco...
Niamh Goggin of Small Change is working with Local Trust on Big Local. She has written a series of guides to social investment, developed some tools to help people consider social investments and is recording a series of podcasts to explain the concept of social investment and how it can be used to help communities involved in Big Local.
The guides are:
- Big Local guide to social investment (PDF)
- Big Local social investment guide to civil society lending (PDF)
- Big Local social investment guide to small business lending (PDF)
- Big Local social investment guide to microfinance (PDF)
- Big Local social investment guide to personal lending (PDF)
The tools are:
- A loan calculator - to help explain the true cost of a loan (how to download).
- A social investment oracle - to help demonstrate the social and economic impact of social investment decisions (how to download).
The podcasts are available to watch online here:
- What is social investment?
- Personal lending through social investment
- Microfinance through social investment
- Small business lending through social investment
- Civil society lending through social investment
- Social investment and community enterprise in action
These podcasts aren’t currently available to download from the website. If you would like to be sent these podcasts on disc please email firstname.lastname@example.org